In the News
- THE HILL: Lauren Underwood endorses Jennifer Carroll Foy in Virginia governors raceBy Julia Manchester Illinois Rep. Lauren Underwood (D) endorsed former Virginia Del. Jennifer Carroll Foy (D) in Virginia’s gubernatorial race on Thursday amid a slew of high-profile endorsements in the Democratic primary. “Jennifer knows what it’s like to face a healthcare system that diminishes the concerns of Black women, and shoulder the cost of childcare, which is why she has been and […]
- WAVY: Candidate Profile: Jennifer Carroll Foy (Governor)By Adrienne Mayfield Biography: Jennifer Carroll Foy has dedicated her life to service. As one of the first women to graduate from Virginia Military Institute, a former foster mom, a magistrate judge, and public defender, Jennifer has embodied the ideals of community, honor and commitment in every facet of her life. During her time in the […]
- NBC: This is what it’s like to run for governor with twin toddlers ― during a pandemic
When Jennifer Carroll Foy announced she was pregnant with twins during her 2017 campaign for the Virginia House of Delegates, critics told her to drop out. Her opponent had already out-fundraised her by a steep margin, and she was attempting to flip a historically-red district blue. Some argued there was no way she could pick up the lead while serving as a public defender ― all while carrying not one, but two babies.
- Augusta Free Press: Jennifer Carroll Foy earns endorsement from Run Sister Run PACBy Augusta Free Press Jennifer Carroll Foy has received the endorsement of Run Sister Run PAC, a national organization dedicated to supporting progressive women running for office. “Jennifer Carroll Foy has broken barriers throughout her life. She is the visionary and inspirational leader Virginians need,” the Run Sister Run Board said in a joint statement. […]
- BLUEVIRGINIA: Jennifer Carroll Foy on Gun Violence in America: “Numbness can’t be our reality. Trauma can’t be our norm. Action must be our answer”
This year has been incredibly difficult for families across Virginia and the country. But in the past week alone, families in Virginia Beach, Atlanta, Boulder and countless other cities and towns have suffered the added pain of losing a loved one after they were shot.
Every time I see news of yet another shooting, I am brought immediately back to the horror of the day in my twenties when a friend was violently shot in Petersburg and nearly lost his life. I remember thinking about how innocent and unaware he was just before he was shot. In an instant, he was so close to death. It was haunting, and something I will never forget. Luckily, he survived, but too many in communities like mine across this Commonwealth and the country don’t.
- HUFFPOST: Rep. Katie Porter Endorses Jennifer Carroll Foy For Virginia Governor
“Jennifer Carroll Foy is a once-in-a-lifetime candidate who knows what it’s like to struggle to make ends meet, go without healthcare, and raise a family as a working mom,” Porter said in a statement. “She is building a grassroots movement that is centered on working families which is exactly what we need right now with special interests trying to gain even more power and influence.”