In the News
- WAVY: Jennifer Carroll Foy, candidate for Va. governor, hosts roundtable discussing the daily issues Black men face
WOODBRIDGE, Va. (WAVY) — Several community leaders were on a video call Wednesday night with Virginia gubernatorial candidate Jennifer Caroll Foy to discuss everyday issues Black men face in the United States and possible solutions to them.
The event, hosted by Carroll Foy, lasted about an hour. The topics included mental health, police brutality, housing insecurities, and other systems that organizers believe disproportionately hurt marginalized communities.
- Her Bold Move Endorses Jennifer Carroll Foy in Virginia Governor Race
(April 29, 2021) — Today, Her Bold Move Action endorses Jennifer Carroll Foy in the Virginia governor race. Jordan Zaslow, Executive Director, released the following statement:
“Her Bold Move recognizes trailblazers like Jennifer Carroll Foy and works to shatter glass ceilings across the nation. Jennifer Carroll Foy embodies what leadership can look like in the very best-case scenario. She has demonstrated a commitment to advancing a pro-woman agenda and an ability to serve the needs of all Virginians. Her dedication and perseverance have already improved the lives of people across the state. We are thrilled to offer her our endorsement and can’t wait to see her shatter Virginia’s highest glass ceiling.”
- Emily’s List Endorses Jennifer Carroll Foy for Governor
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, endorsed Jennifer Carroll Foy in the race for Virginia governor. Emily Cain, executive director of EMILY’s List, released the following statement:
“EMILY’s List is proud to endorse Jennifer Carroll Foy for governor of Virginia. Throughout her career, Jennifer has been a tireless advocate for Virginia’s working families, fighting for racial and economic equity, increased access to health care, and criminal justice reform. Jennifer understands the challenges that many Virginians are facing— juggling multiple jobs, struggling to afford medical bills, and reeling from the impacts of COVID-19 — because she has lived these experiences herself. It is long past time to elect a Black woman governor who will dedicate herself to bettering the lives of Virginia’s working families and communities of color, as we know Jennifer will.”
- Major Progressive Group Endorses Jennifer Carroll Foy For Virginia Governor
The Working Families Party, a national progressive group, announced Tuesday that it is endorsing Jennifer Carroll Foy’s campaign for governor of Virginia.
The WFP hopes to rally the left to Carroll Foy’s side in an uphill primary battle against former Gov. Terry McAuliffe, a pillar of the Democratic establishment with a mixed record on progressive priorities.
- 19thnews: ‘We’re done dying’: How Black women lawmakers are advocating for pregnancy-related health
Wendy Brawley’s pain kept worsening. She was 22, and it was her first pregnancy — doctors told her it was normal to be in pain, she said. But she knew something was wrong.
- Blue Virginia: Open Letter From a Number of Virginia Black Leaders Explains Their Support for Jennifer Carroll Foy for GovernorSee below for a letter by a number of Black leaders from Arlington, Loudoun, Richmond, Petersburg, Dumfries and Prince William County, regarding their support for Jennifer Carroll Foy for governor: